Perhaps you’re struggling with a challenge that you just can’t seem to solve, like moving forward towards a new career or improving your relationship with your spouse or partner or you solve it, but it just keeps coming back, like weightloss or sleep problems.
Although it is ideal and most effective, your work with a Health Coach does not need to be in tandem with your medical provider. You may choose to see me simply because you’re seeking support with your efforts to improve your health. As we work together, I may recommend a joint collaboration with your primary medical provider (especially when serious health conditions must be considered). However, don’t let the fact that you may not be working with a doctor hinder you from beginning your efforts.
A Health Coach works:
- To help you learn new tools and practices for overall improved health
- To bridge the gap between medical recommendations from your doctor and your abilities and desires to successfully acquire a healthy lifestyle
- As a means of direction toward your true/complete health – offering education, guidance and accountability on a plan for nutrition, detoxification for overall health, weight loss, and optimal aging
- To assist you in recognizing lapses in your program, which are normal and should be taken in stride, but may lead to relapse, overwhelm and eventual giving up.Together we plan for those times and hang the proverbial “safety net” to catch you and bounce you back on your way to success.
Wellness is achieved by improving on a set of 5 factors related to optimal health:
- EMOTIONAL: The ability to express emotions with comfort and in a healthy manner
- INTELLECTUAL: The ability to learn and use intellectual capabilities to make healthy decisions
- SOCIAL: The ability to make satisfying interpersonal relationships
- ENVIRONMENTAL: The ability to appreciate the external environment and improve environmental conditions
- PHYSICAL: The ability to achieve a healthy lifestyle in the service of one’s own health
- SPIRITUAL: The ability to seek meaning and purpose in one’s daily life
REMEMBER: We are talking about a lifelong journey and permanent change